Hair loss is a common and natural condition:
- Up to 40% of men experience noticeable hair loss by the age of 35; that number increases to 65% by age 60.
- Women, too, suffer from hair loss, with 80% experiencing noticeable hair loss by age 60.
Despite these figures, which suggest that some amount of hair loss is inevitable for most people as they age, people still often struggle with the idea that they may lose their hair. They often feel that their appearance does not reflect how youthful they might feel, or their active lifestyle. In fact, up to 60% of people who suffer from hair loss have said they preferred to regain more hair than to have more friends or more money.
Hair loss can be particularly difficult for women, as well as for people who are suffering from either temporary or permanent hair loss due to medical conditions, such as treatments for cancer. The psychological effects can be exceptionally difficult, causing people to feel self-conscious.
Regardless of the cause of their hair loss, many people suffering from hair loss start seeking alternatives, including non-surgical hair replacement options. That is where 3rd Dimension Studios can step in to help.
We are a company comprised of experienced hair replacement professionals, with extensive knowledge of the options available to individuals struggling with hair loss. Here, we want to provide you with a preliminary buying guide so that you can start learning more about the types of hair replacement options available to you.
What to consider when choosing your hair replacement method
Consideration #1: Is your hair loss permanent or temporary?
Your options in non-surgical hair replacement systems may vary depending on the nature of your hair loss. For those struggling with temporary hair loss, then a natural-looking hair system may be the best option until your real hair grows back.
If, on the other hand, you have more permanent hair loss due to conditions like alopecia, then you may be looking for more long-term solutions, such as our HD hair systems. These types of systems can be applied using durable adhesives, and can be maintained carefully to last for months at a time, giving you the look and feel of a real, natural head of hair.
Consideration #2: Understanding your natural hair.
Whatever type of system you decide to use, you most likely want a hair system that looks natural. The ideal hair system will use a type of hair that is as identical as possible to your real hair.
In the best-case scenario, you will usually want to obtain your free consultation with 3rd Dimension Studios while you still have existing hair to evaluate. This lets us get as close as possible to your natural hair when we select and design the proper non-surgical hair replacement options that work best for you.
Generally, professional stylists will look at a variety of factors in categorizing your hair so that they can obtain replacement hair that resembles your own. Here are just a few considerations the stylist will use:
1) Pattern: Is your hair straight, wavy, or curly? If it has any waves or curl, then how loose or tight is that pattern? Does the hair coil as it grows out, or tend to form looser S-shapes?
2) Density: Hair density simply refers to how much hair tends to grow on a given portion of your head where hair is present. Some people have more hair follicles per square inch, while others have less. Your non-surgical hair replacement system can be customized to your particular hair density for a more natural look and feel.
3) Texture: Your hair will either be fine, medium, or coarse. Coarse hair has a larger circumference and tends to be stronger, though it is a little harder to process and tends to be resistant to styling. Fine hair is easier to process, but tends to damage more easily.
4) Porosity: Each strand of hair has a cuticle layer as the outer layer of the hair shaft. The ability of hair to accept or retain moisture depends on how compact this cuticle layer is.
5) Elasticity: Hair has the ability to stretch, particularly when it is wet. How long your hair will stretch before breaking indicates its elasticity. Hair can stretch by up to 50% of its real length when wet, and up to 20% when it is dry.
By having your natural hair available as a reference, your stylist can get a good idea of what will look the most realistic when it comes to your non-surgical hair replacement systems.
Consideration #3: Your personal preferences and sense of style.
For most people, the goal is a natural-looking hair system that is appropriate for work, socializing, and recreational activities, including athletics. For that reason, we develop hair systems made of natural, virgin remy hair, from the best sources available. We obtain hair that is as close to your existing hair as possible, and then style it into the ideal head of hair for you.
However, you may also be looking for a new style or hair color, or want to use this opportunity to express your individuality.That is why 3rd Dimension Studios offers a range of potential products and non-surgical hair replacement options. We help our customers find the HD hair system that reflects their personal preferences and sense of style.
We can source both natural and synthetic hair, in a range of styles and colors to suit your preferences and needs. If you contact us for a free consultation, we will sit down and take the time to listen to your concerns, and answer your questions about non surgicalhair replacement systems and products. Our studios are private and discreet, and offer the ideal setting for individuals who are concerned about hair loss and want to explore painless, non-surgical options. We invite you to contact us today at 647.341.5700 to learn more about the options available.