When you think about men’s hair systems, you probably assume that you have to be careful when washing or styling it. What most men considering hair systems don’t understand is that they can be worn and styled just as your normal hair would be.
Over 50% of the male population suffers from hair loss by the time they turn 50. That’s why hair systems are uniquely designed to fit your lifestyle and preferences.
Be sure to discuss with a professional the look you expect to get with your hair system and to make sure that you get the style you want. When it comes to maintaining and caring for your hair replacement system at home, we can help you with that as well.
Treat Your Hair System As You Would Your Normal Hair.
To get comfortable with your hair system, play around with it and don’t be afraid to style it. Don’t be intimidated by the replacement. Run your fingers through it. Play with different styles and tools to understand what works best for your hair.
With nearly 35 million Canadian men suffering from hair loss or thinning, we have addressed some concerns that arise from the purchase and use of men’s hair systems bring about.
“Is It Ok To Brush And Wash My Hair System At Home?”
Yes. Remember, you must own your hair system. Since it is your new hair, feel free to wash your hair piece at home.
Here Are Some Tips For Washing Your Hairpiece:
- Brush and detangle hair prior to washing it.
- Once in the shower, make sure to control the water temperature. The water should not be too hot or too cold.
- Use about a quarter-sized dollop of shampoo. Be sure to use a professional shampoo product that has been recommended by your stylist. Run the shampoo through your scalp and massage gently.
- Rinse the shampoo out.
- Condition your hairpiece with conditioner selected by your stylist. Be sure and focus on the ends and avoid your scalp. Leave conditioner in for 2-3 minutes and rinse out the conditioner.
- If you feel like you need a clarifier for your hairpiece, ask your professional stylist to assist you with that. You may want to consider taking your hair system to a professional if it needs extreme conditioning.
- Using a towel, gently dry your hair.
- Detangle your system using a wide-tooth comb, running it through your wet hair.
To Learn More About Hair Replacement Systems:
- The Aftermath of a Hair Transplant: 7 Common Risks
- 3 facts about hair systems you may not have known
- How we measure your head? Tips on Selecting the Right Hair System For You
Can I Use Hair Products And Hot Tools To Style My Hair?
You can use styling creme, wax, or any product your stylist and you determine is best for your hair replacement system and texture.
As far as hot tools or blow drying your hair is concerned, use the tools you normally would to style your hair.
Here Are Some Tips To Get The Most Out Of Your Style::
- Apply your choice of product in your hair before styling.
- Using medium heat, dry closer to the root first for comfort.
- If you only style from the outside, and the weft or base of your piece is still damp, your hairstyle will not hold.
- If you have a permanent wave in your human hair, dry minimally, not combing. This will cause your permanent to frizz.
- Drying your hair system with your head partially upside down will help to give it volume. If you want a straighter, sleeker look, don’t blow dry your system upside down.
- A flat hair system that doesn’t have movement will tend to look really fake, giving you a more artificial look.
- Brush it into a semi-style and finish drying with a roll brush or blow dryer brush. You can backcomb or tease to create height, and finish styling.
With approximately 50% of the male population experiencing hair loss or thinning, accessing professional services or hair replacement systems, 3rd Dimension offers you the opportunity to gain the confidence of wearing a hair replacement system.
Our men’s systems are not like your grandfather’s ancient toupees. Our professional hair systems are meant to be worn realistically to suit your lifestyle. Style them how you want with the help of our professional team.
Contact us for a consultation to determine which of our hair growth products or non-surgical replacement systems are right for you. If you would like to share your story or solutions to any of the causes for hair loss listed above, call or email us. We also offer consultations via Skype and Facetime to provide you the answers you are looking for.